Friday, July 8, 2011

Team Ethiopia is a GO!


This is my team.
They are all fast asleep.. but in less than an hour we will be climbing into a van on our way to Varnsdorf, Czech Republic. From there we will catch a bus to Prague, then the metro to the airport, where we will fly to Turkey and hang out for a few hours until we take another flight right into Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
and then we will be stuck in Ethiopia for two months together with no way out.
That idea would normal make me cringe..
but with this group of people I cant help but be excited.

people all day keep asking me how I feel and all I could say was "I don't know".
then a few minutes ago one of my roommates from a different school came up to me as I was talking about leaving and said "You're filled up with peace, huh? You have no fear or anxiety, just excitement."
Those words rang so true.
That's exactly how I feel.
I am not nervous or afraid,
just excited and at peace.
I feel sad to be leaving the friends I've made so far but excited about the stories we get to share with each other when we get back.

Cheers to Ethiopia!
Cheers to helping people in need!
Cheers to sharing our Father's love!

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Brooke i love yor blog and everything about you.
I have quesion how your blog is made is great how can you add the menue thing on the top, you know with home, shop,... i want to add some things like that too but have no clue how. would be awesome if you could help me out.
Love,
Claire
Ps how was africa?