Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mini Outreach: Sunday and Monday

I've been back from my mini outreach (a.k.a Romania) for a few days now so I thought it was about time to tell you about my Romanian adventures!!! So I've been so lazy with my blog lately. Remember when I used to blog like twice a day? ahhh.. the days! anyways! Two Sunday's ago we set off. My group left bright and early at around 4am. it was a twenty hour drive to our hostel and when we got there we were exhausted!
The next day we got up and went to the YWAM base there that we were hooking up with and working with that week so they could fill us in on the things we could do that week. We found out that that day we were going to be going to this Gypsy village called "Cold Valley". The people living there are in extreme poverty and are also outcasts to society because they are gypsies. We played with the children and sang songs with them. as much as I want to say I touched their lives... they touched mine.. These little kids who have never seen me before would come running up to me and grab my hand and jumping on me just wanting love, and giving love. it was heart breaking to see their older sisters and mothers and know that 50% of them were prostitutes and to know that these cute innocent little girls are growing up in their footsteps. I just wanted to save them. It was amazing to be working with the YWAM base in Targu Mures because they really have a heart for this place and want to open up a building in cold valley for school and also a place for them to get medical care. When we first walked into the village these kids started coming up around us and grabbing our hands and hugging on us. It was amazing...



pictures by my lovely friend Rebecca Lozano, except for the first one which was taken by the also lovely Kaci Gadberry

No comments: